As a Managing Director at Equiteq, Ed leads and supports clients through the entire sales process, advising shareholders and management teams on their exit strategy and maximising value. As an experienced corporate financier, Ed has successfully completed a wide range of transactions across a variety of sectors.
Value to clients
Ed brings a wide range of skills to all transactions, having worked across all facets of corporate finance. Ed’s experience includes both private and public company M&A, advising on both the buy-side and sell-side, equity financing for growth companies from venture capital, private equity and public markets investors, as well as strategic and restructuring advice for clients.
- Building a good rapport and trust with all parties in a transaction
- Strong financial modelling, analysis and valuation capability
- Diligent and analytical with a healthy attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation ability combined with strong negotiation skills and commercial acumen
Ed attended The University of Edinburgh where he gained an MA (Hons) in Politics. Not wanting to become a politician, he joined Lazard as an analyst in the M&A team, focusing on valuation and transaction execution. Ed has also worked at Arbuthnot Securities, advising public companies on M&A and capital markets transactions, and, most recently, at New Amsterdam Capital where he was a Director in the Corporate Finance team.
Other things about Ed
- Loves watching all sports, in particular rugby, cricket and tennis
- Enjoys dinghy sailing in Norfolk in his spare time
- Married with two children