Matt is a senior member of Equiteq's Mergers & Acquisitions group based in the US. During his extensive finance career, Matt has gained relevant investment banking, private equity, and corporate finance experience, making him a valuable member of the Equiteq team.
Value to clients
Matt’s expertise in corporate finance, valuation, and capital markets has contributed to his successful track record of designing and implementing M&A strategies for middle-market companies.
- Diverse experience navigating clients through M&A processes
- Applies creative and critical thinking throughout every stage of the transaction process, from planning, to execution, to closing
- Maintains discipline in defining and adhering to client objectives
Matt began his career at Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. as an analyst in the Global Communications Investment Banking Group, where he gained experience executing a variety of transactions within the telecommunications sector, including M&A advisory and equity and debt offerings. Subsequently, Matt held various mid-level and senior positions at Toronto Dominion Bank Financial Group, General Motors Corporation, and CIT Group.
Before joining Equiteq, Matt served as a Vice President in the Consumer Investment Banking Group at Duff & Phelps, where he was responsible for sourcing and executing M&A advisory and capital raising transactions for middle-market consumer companies.
Matt received his M.B.A. with distinction from The University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business, and earned his B.S. in Economics from The University of Pennsylvania’s The Wharton School, where he graduated with honors.
Other things about Matt
- Registered Investment Banking Representative and holds FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses
- Avid guitar player and general music fan
- Fitness and sports enthusiast
- Father of two children