Sam joined Equiteq as a director and comes with more than twelve years of Investment Banking experience with boutique firms focused on technology and services.
Value to clients
Sam has a strong understanding of technologies and business processes. He has worked on more than 30 buy-side, sell-side and capital raises transactions representing founder-owned or PE-backed companies, larger corporations and PE firms on more than $3bn in aggregate transaction value.
- Skilled value advocate with an ability to identify and articulate both standalone, strategic and synergistic value to acquirers
- Experienced negotiator
- Ability to appraise investment opportunity and risk, and tailor the messages according to the specific needs of all the parties involved in a transaction
- Strong financial analysis, financial modelling & valuation skills
- Sound commercial acumen and technical skills
Sam most recently worked with Marlin & Associates where he advised on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and capital raises for a wide range of technology companies. Prior to these, Sam worked in the Investment Banking division of BNP Paribas, in Paris.
Earlier, Sam worked in various roles in technology, including CTO for a VC-backed startup; and also in the IT and Business Planning departments of Dannon Waters North America. He founded Oxygene Technologies in Tel-Aviv, Israel, a consulting practice for hi-tech and consumer goods companies.
Other things about Sam
- Sam Levy was born and raised in Paris, France and moved to New York in 1999 where he currently lives with his wife and two children.
- Sam is involved with UJA Federation, a Jewish charity touching more than 4.5 million lives every year in 60 countries.
- In his spare time, Sam enjoys traveling, swimming and photography.