Steven brings to client engagements the benefit of his more than 30 years of corporate finance, strategic growth advisory and corporate development experience with consulting and knowledge based businesses. Steven delivers Equiteq’s full spectrum of advisory and transactional services leveraging his experience as an investment banker, consultant and corporate development officer with PwC.
Value to clients
Steven has substantial transactional experience on the advisory side at various investment banks and equally on the principal side both with a large private equity firm and in strategic corporate development. This provides him with a unique perspective as to how best to assess acquisition and divestiture opportunities.
• Unique transactional insights developed from a corporate development perspective
• Focus on shareholder value optimization through the evaluation of quantitative and qualitative factors and their impact in the context of various strategic financial alternatives
• Creative and well-informed structuring orientation derived from his broad-based, multi-disciplinary experience in investment banking, private equity, law and accountancy
• Keen strategic focus on effectuating the client's high priority objectives
• Significant buy side and sell side execution experience in the knowledge-based industry vertical
Most recently, Steven has served for more than a dozen years as a senior partner in PwC's Chairman's Office. Whilst there, Steven acted as the US and, at times, Global Head of Corporate Development and Inorganic Growth Strategy for the firm. Prior to holding that position, Steven served in various senior-level capacities in the M&A departments of PaineWebber Incorporated, Morgan Grenfell & Co. and the leveraged buyout firm of Kluge Subotnick Perkowski and Co.
Steven was admitted to the Bars of the States of New York and New Jersey (inactive). He is also a Certified Public Accountant (New York and New Jersey - inactive) and a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the New Jersey State Society of Certified Public Accountants. Steven graduated with honors from Lehigh University having received a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, minoring in International Law. Subsequently, Steven received a Juris Doctorate from Seton Hall University Law School as well as an LL.M. in Taxation from New York University Law School. Most recently, in addition to completing several executive education programs at Harvard Business School, Steven successfully completed the Director Education and Certification Program at UCLA's Anderson School of Management.
Other things about Steven
• Three grown children
• Avid guitarist
• Enjoys fine dining, music and going to museums