To view this content you need to register or login below.
The Knowledge Economy Global Buyers Report
You may need to install Adobe Reader to read this report.
Our fifth buyers report analyzes the findings from our comprehensive independent survey of how acquirers of knowledge-intensive services businesses will approach M&A in 2019.
Key overall findings include:
- Demand for acquisitions remains high, driven by industry convergence, the desire to deepen capabilities in specific industry verticals and the need for enhanced digital expertise.
- Strong interest in North America and UK M&A – the latter despite the uncertainties of Brexit during the survey. Robust buyer demand also observed in Continental Europe and APAC.
- Demand across a range of sectors, with particularly keen acquirer interest in healthcare & life sciences, as well as energy and retail.
- Digital capabilities involving AI, data analytics, as well as IoT were noted of major strategic importance currently. Buyers envisaged capabilities at the intersection of AI and data analytics to be of even higher strategic importance in the future.
- There is a steady flow of acquisition opportunities coming to market as sellers take advantage of the favorable market conditions. While deal flow is strong, buyers are monitoring the risks of an economic or industry slowdown and the impact of interest rate rises on leveraged acquisitions.