To view this content you need to register or login below.
The Knowledge Economy Global Buyers Report 2020
You may need to install Adobe Reader to read this report.
Our annual buyers report analyzes the findings from our comprehensive independent survey of how acquirers of consulting and other knowledge-intensive businesses will approach M&A in 2020.
Key overall findings include:
- Most buyers are looking to do the same if not more acquisitions over the next few years against a backdrop of anticipated rises in capital available for deal flow.
- The majority of respondents expect significant increases in digital investment over the next three years. Data analytics was ranked as crucial for both meeting client objectives and enhancing consulting firms’ operations and services.
- Artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, cyber security and application modernization followed closely behind for strategic interest among surveyed buyers.
- The biggest disruptors to traditional professional services related to the advancement of new technologies, like advanced machine learning.
- More than ten years after the financial crisis, an economic slowdown is seen as the greatest risk to the current levels of M&A. Political instability was also considered a major potential headwind.