Next year is shaping up to be a very strong year for M&A activity in the Knowledge Economy. In order to assist your preparation for 2021, take a look at our M&A Preview, in which we discuss the following eight key trends:
- The adoption of digital is accelerating
- Emerging technologies are being commercialised rapidly
- There is a convergence across the sector and delivery models are blending
- Private equity participation in the knowledge economy is increasing
- Next-generation technology platforms are emerging
- Vertical software solutions are playing an increasing role
- Buyers are returning to nearshore locations for access to new skills
- Shareholders are aligning expectations and addressing structural risks
Equiteq was announced the winner of the Equity Financing of the Year award at the 21st Annual M&A Awards Gala held in New York, USA on 15 November 2022. Equiteq was recognized with the award for its advisory work with Alira Health on its equity financing, led by Creadev. The parties involved in the deal included Alira Health, Creadev, Alvarez & Marsal and KS Law.
Equiteq was a named finalist in eight further award categories including Boutique Investment Bank of the Year, M&A Deal of the Year, Cross-border Deal of the Year, and Private Equity Deal of the Year.
The M&A Advisor Awards honor firms and professionals whose activities set the standard for M&A transactions. This year’s finalists and winners were chosen out of 350 nominees, representing over 500 companies.
“The award recipients represent the best in the M&A industry this past year and earned these honors by standing out in a group of extremely impressive finalists,” said Roger Aguinaldo, Founder of The M&A Advisor. “From lower middle market to multi-billion dollar deals, we are recognizing the leading transactions, firms, and individuals that represent the highest levels of achievement.”
Graham Bell, Vice President at Equiteq adds: "It was a pleasure working with the Alira Health team and we look forward to their continued success in the future.”