As a Managing Director, Alex leads and supports clients through the entire sales process, advising shareholders on how best to achieve their exit objectives. Alex has successfully completed a wide range of transactions across a variety of sectors and geographies.
Alex’s experience includes public market and private market M&A both on buy-side and sell-side advising corporate, private equity and entrepreneurial clients. With this broad-base of experience Alex offers fundamental insights into valuation, the due diligence process and internal decision-making processes.
• Calm, objective, level-headed advice
• High degree of commercial acumen
• Analytical and creative approach
• Works to build trust and goodwill with all parties in a transaction
• Understands what really drives value and is skilled at articulating it to stakeholders
Alex has worked in corporate finance and M&A his entire career. Prior to joining Equiteq, Alex was with Deloitte M&A Advisory in Sydney and before this, he was an investment banker with ANZ Corporate Advisory in Singapore. Alex started his career at Andersen in Adelaide.
Alex holds a Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws (with Honours) from Adelaide University as well as a Masters of Applied Finance and Investment. He is also a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia.
• Loves surfing, wine-tasting and investing
• Married with one child